Supporting World-Class Malting Barley in Canada
Canadian malting barley is known around the world for its high quality. BMBRI supports this leadership position by helping to ensure new Canadian malting barley varieties are better for growers and meet the premium standards of BMBRI members and their customers.
- Supports malting barley variety development, production, quality, and competitiveness with other crops.
- Aims to maximize the proportion of membership revenue invested in research.
- Works closely with funding partners to leverage the BMBRI investment in research.
- Provides guidance to breeders and researchers on malting barley traits of importance to the industry.
Malting Barley Evaluation
and Variety Registration
- Plays a key role in the pre-competitive coordination of malting barley trials and evaluation of upcoming lines for registration.
- Provides BMBRI members with access to detailed information on the quality of breeder lines.
- Coordinates the sharing of generic plant-scale test information to support the timely acceptance of new varieties.
- Provides resources to support production and marketing of Canadian malting barley, malt, and beer.
- Represents the interests of industry members to federal and provincial bodies on technical and scientific aspects of seed regulations and variety registration.
- Sponsors seminars to encourage the flow of knowledge between the malting and brewing industry, research community and producers.
- Communicates the outcomes of BMBRI’s development and evaluation projects, at domestic and international forums.
REPRESENTING LEADING MALTSTERS AND BREWERS
Strong industry membership is the foundation of BMBRI, providing the resources and expertise necessary to critically evaluate new malting barley varieties and identify industry needs.
Membership is open to domestic or international malting and brewing companies or groups with an interest in the Canadian malting barley, malt and brewing industry. (click for more information on membership values and opportunities).